An early lesson in life on alcohol:
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) — Kim Mayorga was confused when her 2-year-old started making funny faces and pushing away the apple juice he had ordered at Applebee’s. The explanation came when she opened the lid of the sippy cup and was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.
The restaurant staff accidentally gave Julian Mayorga a margarita Monday. He grew drowsy and started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
“I wasn’t going to make a big deal about it,” the mother told the Contra Costa Times on Thursday, “but then he got sick.”
According to the manager the margarita mix and apple juice were stored in identical bottles and he confused the two when unintentionally making the kid his hard beverage. Needless to say they won’t make that mistake again and have corrected how they will store alcohol and apple juice.
The Mayorgas said the situation was handled professionally and that they will be reimbursed for their medical bills. While they probably won’t be going back to Applebee’s for awhile, it looks like a $30 million lawsuit to compensate for the child’s “trauma” isn’t coming. Oh how the trial lawyers must be foaming at the mouth over this case.